The Amplify mobile application, related website, www.amplifylife.com, and services (collectively, the “Services”) are operated by Amplify Life Limited a company registered in England and Wales (company number 9495037) with its registered office at 34a Watling Street, Radlett, Herts, WD7 7NN. References to “we“, “us“, or “our” are references to Amplify Life Limited.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect through our Services and how we may use it. Some of this information will enable us to identify you and is known as personal data (whether sensitive personal data or otherwise) (“Personal Data”). As required by law, we will take particular care when dealing with your Personal Data. This is part our commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Notice refers to any visitor to or user of this Site.
Any personal information you supply to us via the Services (and by other means) will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection. Where you provide us with personal information relating to others via the Services, you confirm that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us and for us to use it in the ways described in this Privacy Notice.
By proceeding with access to the Site you are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions (including the terms of this Privacy Notice). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions as they apply to the Site, then please refrain from accessing or using the Site.
For the purposes of UK data protection law, the data controller is Amplify Life Limited of 34a Watling Street, Radlett, Herts, WD7 7NN.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change our Privacy Notice at our sole discretion. Our Privacy Notice is applicable to your access to and use of the Services will be the version that is current and accessible at each date you access the Services. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the bottom of the Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). Your use of the Services after changes are made means that you agree to be bound by such changes. If you do not wish to accept the new Privacy Notice you should not continue to use the Services.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and store the following information:
Information you give us.
We require you to register to use our Services. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, age, contact details, sports and lifestyle choices or credit card details to store with your account.
Information we get from your use of our Services.
Information we receive from other sources
We also collect information from third party services and devices, such as apps and devices which you have requested we access as part of providing our Services to you. This information is collected by the third party provider and is provided to us under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your third party account settings.
Information we get generate from our Services.
We store information that we generate from our analysis of the data you and other users of our Services have provided and in connection with your use of our Services, such as training plans provided, products you have bought or services you have subscribed for.
Purposes For Which We Process Personal Data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the Services and for the reasons given in more detail below. We will only process your Personal Data, in accordance with applicable law, for the following purposes:
- creating and maintaining your account, if you download our mobile application and become our registered customer;
- provision of the Services, for example, we may provide suggestions based on your previous searches to enable you to identify suitable services or events you may be interested in quicker or customise the Services according to your interests. This may also include, where legally permitted, processing data related to your location;
- obtaining payment from you, if you purchase any of our goods and/or services;
- handling and fulfilling your orders, if you request goods or services from us. This may also include processing of information that we receive from third parties, for example, address data to verify your correct address;
- enabling our suppliers and service providers to carry out certain functions on our behalf, including payment processing, verification, technical, logistical or other functions, as may be required, in order to fulfil your orders;
- sending you personalised marketing communications, where you have agreed that we may do so, in order to keep you informed of our and our selected partner’s products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you; We may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- serving personalised advertising to your devices; delivering ads based on your interests ascertained from your past searches, visits of subpages and purchases on our websites, and other data obtained through the use of “cookies” placed on your devices. Please see the “Cookies” section below;
- offering you opportunities to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions. Any data you submit in connection with these activities will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless the rules for these offers note otherwise;
- ensuring the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our app, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password. Logs and other data are used to troubleshoot the Services; detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- resolving any returns, refunds or disputes, if you lawfully exercise your rights or if you wish to dispute any part of our offering;
- developing and improving our products and services, for example, by reviewing visits to our website and its various subpages, demand for specific goods and services and User comments . We may use the information to improve our products and services, including analyses of data we have collected or stored. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and developing innovative and personalised offerings to our users. We also aggregate and de-identify certain information about our users to use for business purposes. From time to time, we may contact you for market research purposes and ask you to participate in surveys that help us understand your use of our products and services. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail (according to which preferences you have selected); and
- to comply with applicable law, for example, in response to a request from a court or regulatory body, where such request is made in accordance with the law.
Your consent, as the Data Subject, to the processing as specified in this Privacy Notice is the primary legal ground for our processing of your Personal Data. However, there may be circumstances where we may also rely on other valid legal grounds for the processing of your Personal Data, such as:
- your request for content, goods or services necessitating steps including processing of your Personal Data to be taken prior to entering into contract with you and any processing that is necessary for the performance of such contract. This will include any profiling activities that are necessary for the provision of Services under a contract with us; and
- legitimate interests pursued by us as a business, except where such interests are overridden by your interests and fundamental rights. We will rely on this legal ground in relation to the processing set out in sections “ensuring the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our website” and “I” above, in which we have a legitimate interest; and
- compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as, for example, the processing for the purposes of ensuring the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our app as set out above.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. This information is then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies can be used to remember settings, like language and text size, or be used to show certain adverts to the user based on their previous viewing history (or what cookies they have collected).
Cookies used on the website
A list of all the types of cookies used on our Services by category is set out below.
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For the types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, such as shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Analysis cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website; for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, which pages they go to next and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
How do I turn off cookies?
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Site. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or visit https://www.youronlinechoices.eu .
Consent for cookies
Given the nature of the cookies we use on our site and our intended audience of privacy professionals, we feel that an implied consent mechanism is appropriate and the least intrusive to our users’ experience of our Site.
Please note that if you choose to reject cookies, certain parts of this site may not be available to you or may not function properly.
For more information about cookies and how you can control them, please visit http://cookiepedia.co.uk/
Behavioural advertising and online privacy
Behavioural advertising enables retailers to display adverts to you on the web based on the products and retailers that you have previously visited. A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.
Disclosure of Customer Information That Could Identify You
There are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios include disclosure:
- via the use Social Tools within the Services, which provide many ways for you to share data with other users, such as through daily or weekly competitions, around successful completion of activities or by posting comments to the community message boards. When you interact with others in these ways, you will be displaying your data based upon the visibility settings in your user account privacy settings. Always check specific policies associated with any challenge to understand what data will be visible to other participants;
- to post on our Community Message board, you’ll be asked to create a community username that’s separate from your registered mobile app username. This community username will be posted next to any comments you publish on community message boards. Other information, like a profile photo that you’ve added to your account may also be visible on message boards, depending on your user account settings;
- to our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices;
- to our outsourced service providers or suppliers to facilitate the provision of our services or goods to our users, for example, the disclosure to our data centre provider for the safe keeping of your Personal Data, webhosting provider through which your Personal Data may be collected and identity verification partners in order to verify your identity against public databases, along with order fulfilment, email management and credit card processing providers;
- to our advertising partners who enable us to deliver personalised ads to your devices or similar advertising;
- subject to your consent, to our marketing partners, who may contact you by post, email, telephone, SMS or by other means. If you do not wish to be contacted, you may unsubscribe by clicking here;
- to third party service providers and consultants in order to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems and for business continuity reasons;
- to another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. In the case of a merger or sale, your Personal Data will be permanently transferred to a successor company as permitted by law;
- to public authorities where we are required by law to do so or if we believe, after due consideration, that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by a court order from doing so or where the request or legal process is directly related to a regulatory investigation. In the latter case, we will ensure user information we disclosed is treated as confidential; and
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent. You can direct us to share data with other parties. For example, you might authorise us to link your account with a third-party app or with a personal trainer; send status updates to your Facebook or Twitter account; or direct us to share data with your employer as part of a wellness program. Once you direct us to share your data with a third party, that data is governed by the third-party’s Privacy Notice.
Default Visibility Settings
The privacy settings on your account when you register are set to reveal minimal data about you with the purpose of getting you active and involved with us and our services. You can adjust your privacy settings in your user account.
Disclosure of Data That Does Not Identify You (De- identified Data)
We may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about health and fitness or in services provided under our corporate registrations. When we provide this information, we take legal and technical measures to ensure that the data does not identify you and cannot be associated back to you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- By changing the privacy and other settings in your user account.
- You may also unsubscribe to certain communications by following the instructions contained at the bottom of each type of email. Any administrative or service-related emails (to confirm a purchase, or an update to this Privacy Notice or the Terms and Conditions, etc.) generally do not offer an option to unsubscribe as they are necessary to provide the Services you requested.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your settings in your user account or by writing to Customer Services at Amplify at the address given below.
- Where we’re relying upon your consent to process Personal Data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You can access, rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your registered user account. If you require additional access believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or have questions concerning your data or if you are not a registered user of the Amplify mobile application, please contact us at support @amplifylife.com or at the address at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request that your account is deleted through your Amplify account or by contacting Amplify customer services at the address set out in the “Contacting Us” section below. Once deleted, your data, including your account, activities, training plans and place on leaderboards etc cannot be reinstated. We will generally respond to any such requests within 10-14 business days.
Note that content you have shared with others (for example, through Clubs) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted the information from your own profile. Your public profile may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache.
Credit card privacy
We do not store your payment information when you register with us. Your payment card details are encrypted, stored and processed by our fully PCI DSS compliant third party provider.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Data that you provide via the Site is kept secure. Although we endeavour to protect your Personal Data, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
You should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use an SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
The information you provide to us or that we hold about you is stored, where applicable, in a secure cloud server, electronically in our databases. We are based in the UK. All data we collect will be stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
International Transfer of Personal Data
We may transfer your Personal Data to a third party in countries outside the country in which it was originally collected for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in the section headed “Purposes For Which We Process Personal Data” above. In particular, your Personal Data may be transferred to our outsourced service providers located abroad. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisation, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact the Data Privacy Compliance Manager for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our Services or goods and normally for a period of four years thereafter, unless longer retention is required by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so. However, we will not retain beyond this period any of your Personal Data that is no longer required for the purposes set out in this Privacy. The retention of your Personal Data will be subject to periodic review.
We may keep an anonymised form of your Personal Data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
Please note that this website is not intended for children under the age of 16.
Your Personal Data and Your Legal Rights
Any personal information you supply to us via the Site or via any third party website will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and any applicable legislation that supersedes or replaces the GDPR in the UK or which applies the operation of the GDPR as if the GDPR were part of UK national law.
We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws in the UK (or as otherwise applicable). These are:
- the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please write to us at the address shown below making clear that you are requesting a copy of your Personal Data and including full details of what you require. You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity and a fee;
- the right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will give you the ability to object to this, and where required we will ensure we obtain your consent before undertaking marketing (see the “Controlling your personal information” section above);
- the right to object to your Personal Data being processed where the legal basis for the processing is our own legitimate interests as a business (see the “Purposes For Which We Process Personal Data” section above). We will comply with such a request unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as, when we need to continue to process your data to defend a legal claim;
- the right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete Personal Data;
- the right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your Personal Data is essential (see the “Controlling your personal information” section above);
- the right of erasure. You may request that we erase your Personal Data and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your Personal Data, such as, a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations (see also “Deleting Information and Accounts” above);
- the right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your Personal Data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services to us. Where this right is applicable, we will comply with such transfer as far as it is technically feasible; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your Personal Data. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, please visit the ICO website for instructions.
The point of contact for further information about or to exercise any of the rights above is as follows:
Data Privacy Compliance Manager , Customer Services, Amplify Life Limited, 34a Watling Street, Radlett, Herts, WD7 7NN
In the first instance, you should direct any such request to us by email at address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Services of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Services, please note that these Services have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these Services.
We have endeavoured to make our terms and conditions and Privacy Notice as straightforward as possible. However legal terms can be complicated. If you want to get in touch regarding or services or have a general question, please contact us at: email@example.com or write to us at:
Customer Services, Amplify Life Limited, 34a Watling Street , Radlett, Herts, WD7 7NN
Last updated: June 2018
Version: 1.0618 Last Updated June 2018